Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Week 38: the Repentance Process

So this week was so good. I just need to say, I love my companion. Elder Pfeifer is one of my favorite people ever. He and I have very similar personalities and get along swimmingly. He is so fun, and hard working, and excited to be here, and it's great. We've played a few games of monopoly deal and have spun the wheel of woe. We made a wheel with various punishments, so now he has a video of me yodeling for 30 seconds, and I have to shave him tomorrow. It's weird, I know, but it's fun too.


Also, fun thing, we had an AMAZING discussion with Ryan, and we brought our Branch President. Ryan is our most progressing friend I think. He drove 45 min to come to church on Sunday, and he loved it. He said he's coming back next week. And he's listening to conference. Just pray for him that he'll keep progressing and make the sacrifices he needs to, and see the blessings that come from following Christ!

We also had a Mission Tour yesterday, which is why P-day was Tuesday this week. Elder Alonzo of the Seventy came to speak with us missionaries. Our mission president led a really amazing discussion outlining the steps of the repentance process, and it was so good, that I'm gonna put all the steps he gave in this email along with some scripture references.

1. Recognize your sin
Mosiah 4:2
2. Broken heart and Contrite Spirit
2 Nephi 2:7
Mosiah 4:5-6
3. Experience Godly Sorrow
Alma 36:16-18
4. Confess your sins
Mosiah 26:29
5. Forsake the sin
Alma 39:9
Mosiah 5:2
6. Make Restitution
3 Nephi 12:23-24
7. Forgive others to be forgiven ourselves
Mosiah 26:31
8. Seek Forgiveness from God
Enos 1:4
9. Recieve Forgiveness and Peace
Mosiah 4:3
Mosiah 4:11-12
10. Invite others to partake
Mosiah 28:3
1 Nephi 8:10-18
Luke 22:32

President Nelson has really emphasized the need to apply the repentance process daily. We need to make the process of repenting our daily friend. And what's beautiful is that in the process of each step of the repentance process, you feel a little lighter. Your burden isn't as heavy, and as you continue in the process, you feel that burden get lighter and lighter until your free and forgiven. Each step is important, and if you want to feel forgiven, feel light and pure before God, it's through daily repentance. This is the path of Joy, so walk it!

Also my brother Daniel got baptized this week!!! I love him so much. He's a good boy. Making covenants with God and keeping them brings so much joy. I love you guys!!

- Elder Wride

I hope y'all know that Pic of us running didn't do me any favors. I'm not that chubby, but it still motivated me to work out harder












No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 38: the Repentance Process

So this week was so good. I just need to say, I love my companion. Elder Pfeifer is one of my favorite people ever. He and I have very simil...