Monday, October 7, 2024

Week 37: 1st week as a Trainer

So I am training now!! Which is so much fun. Elder Pfeifer is amazing, and I am so lucky to have him as my comp. He's a hard working, fun guy, so we've enjoyed our first few days together. The inly downside is that new missionaries aren't allowed to drive, so I have to drive all the time, and we've got lots of long drives here in Texas. And I get kind of drowsy. Just took a P-day Nap, but man. I'm getting tired.


General Conference
Definitely the highlight of this week was general conference, and I didn't take tons of notes, but I wrote down the one liners that stood out to me, and the stuff that seemed to really resonate with me. One thing that really started to make sense to me was why we sometimes need to feel alone. We go through a lot of trials, and there are many times where we may feel in complete darkness, or completely alone. But sometimes we need to reach that point because it is only when we are truly alone, isolated away from all the things that normally distract us that we can feel the presence of the Savior. Many times, we feel that we're struggling, getting weaker, going to a darker place, or feeling more and more alone, and usually we think that's bad. But everyone needs to experience it at some point. He really is always with us, but so often we don't feel it or don't recognize it. We need to reach a point where we are so isolated and alone, so that we can finally be alone WITH Him. So really we're making progress, because we can finally know the Savior for who he truly is. And then we can finally have such a personal and intimate relationship with the Savior and be able to say "He is my Jesus."

That's all I'll say for this week. I LOVE you all and I miss you!

- Elder Wride

I would've added more things, but it won't let me attach videos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 37: 1st week as a Trainer

So I am training now!! Which is so much fun. Elder Pfeifer is amazing, and I am so lucky to have him as my comp. He's a hard working, fu...