Monday, June 24, 2024

Week 22: Divine

Unpopular opinion: I actually love the Youth Music. Not all of them, but there are quite a few that I really like and one particular that hit me pretty hard.

Baptism
Freddie was Baptized this week, and I got to do the confirmation. After he was baptized, he said he feels like a new man, and he's super happy about it. It's been amazing to help him, and we've become good friends. I was joking when I said it, but he might be expecting me to set him up with my sister. Sorry Mel. He's super excited to be progressing to go into the temple someday.

Ties
We did a little bit of tie trading this week, and I now have a lot of ties. I trading two of my ties for 3 from one Elder, and 2 for 2 with Elder Ball, and 1 tie for 7 ties with another. To be fair, they were all really thick, so I didn't really like them, but I liked the patterns, and I now have a skill for thinning ties, and he wanted one of my less favorite ties, so it was a good trade. I now have 40 ties... which is a lot.

Divine
There is a song called Divine on the 2022 youth Album, and one morning, I was feeling pretty sad. I was standing by the bathroom sink just staring at myself in the mirror, sort of like if I was in a movie. And then, I can't remember exactly why, but I was like, I'm gonna go listen to a song from the Youth album, and I played Divine. Idk, that sing just hit me so hard. Listening to that song staring at yourself in the mirror hits different, and I really felt that it applied to me, and I needed that reminder. I recommend you all go listen to it right now. I'd be surprised if all you missionaries and RMs didn't already have it memorized, and I won't blame you if you all hate it, but I loved it. My whole body got chills. There is one line in particular that stood out to me though, and that was:

You’re an angel learning how to fly.

I just love it, and that's my spiritual Thought. Just because you mess up, or you're tired, or you fall into the same temptation you've fallen into before, it's OK. When a baby is learning to walk, you don't shame them for tripping, you praise them for their effort, encourage them, love them, and try to comfort and motivate them when they want to give up. That's how God feels about us. We're all his children, his little angels, and he's teaching us how to fly, and it's hard, and you'll fall a lot. You'll be tired a lot. You'll want yo give up a lot. But thats all part of the journey, and soon, before you realize it, you'll be flying. If you just hold on, endure, and trust, then you'll see. That reminds me of another amazing song I've been thinking about. Its powerful. Flying by Cody Fry.

I love you guys! I hope I don't bore you with my emails. Anyways, if you can, please send me an email to say Hi! Also my birthday is tomorrow, ans I'll be 19. It's weird how the time flies. And someday I'll look back and be like "where'd all the time go?" This journey here on earth is really just a short trip, so enjoy it. Make it count!

-Elder Wride

I found that picture of my Dad tying my shoe, but everything else is from this week. The papers are from me preparing my first Spanish talk. That fat pig was eating a bunny, and I'm not gonna explain the rest. I'm out of time.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 35: Please pray for rain

I love driving through rain puddles. They don't really have a drainage system here so they get massive. It's one of my favorite thin...