Monday, August 5, 2024

Week 28: it's all about Jesus

I've been studying a lot about the Atonement of Jesus Christ this week. And it's been amazing, but I pretty much shared everything last week. He really is the most important thing, and everything is centered on him. I dont like any time because today was zone P-day. We had zone conference this week, and interviews with the President, and it was just so amazing. After doing tye dye shirts and some other things, we played Gaga Ball!! It reminded me of the Young Men back home. My home ward is literally the best, and I miss you all!

Ok, if you have time, go listen to this talk. It's a BYU speech called "Believing Christ: A practical approach to the Atonement." And it's by Stephen E. Robinson. Its so amazing.

Our friend who sent us Anti-Mormon videos has been reading the Book of Mormon! And we had a really awesome in depth conversation over the questions he brought about it. It's been so fun! We've also found so many people this week! And we've been teaching a member we found named Aldair and he came to church!! We had a lesson with him and his Dad just today actually. 

Also, just thought I should say this. We have a friend that we talked to this week, and he came to church once upon a time (before I came), but he felt so unwelcome at the church. No one greeted him, asked to get to know him, and he felt judged for many things and it was really sad everything he told us. He also said how one time, after the missionaries had left his home, he heard one through the window say how they were wasting their time with him. Remember that the things we say have power. You never know who is listening (someone is always listening). We can use our words to hurt others, and we can use words to uplift others. Please only use kind words. Please, go talk to people new. Help everyone you see feel the love that God has for them. Everyone needs it. Just follow the example of Jesus Christ and show your love for everyone.

Sorry my email is all over the place!! Anyways, I'm way out of time. Sorry my emails have been slacking. I'll start doing better!
- Elder Wride

Lol, finally got my high school diploma







No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 33: Someone tried to Bash us again

I got a couple of comments from my last email about my hair in the sink. I just want to clarify that while I cut my hair over the sink just ...