Monday, August 26, 2024

Week 31: K.I.S.S.

The title is my new motto. K.I.S.S. Keep it Simple, Stupid. I'll talk about it later for my spiritual thought.


This week was tiring for me. I'm so tired. I was hoping today would be a day of rest, but we spent 4 hours this morning fixing our overgrown jungle of a front yard because our Landlord was a little frustrated it hasn't been taken care of. I just got here, so I had no control over how it was, but we made splendid progress, and it looks 1000000x better. But the downside is that I got no break today.

This whole week was packed. We had transfers this Wednesday, and I entered my new area. Transfer day was weird because I had a long car ride sitting next to a Sister, which was fun and weird. When my new Comp, Elder Ellis and I started to get things going, I made the decision that I was just always going to be working. I was gonna keep busy and keep things simple. Things with my friend Chauncey were great, and I learned a lot about church History and Theology, and yet I feel like my testimony was getting weaker and weaker. President told me to stop studying every little question for my personal study, and focus only on the Book of Mormon and the Lessons in PMG chapter 3. I've decided that I would do the same in teaching. It's kind if crazy how effective it's been.

K.I.S.S.
And that is where I decided to adopt this as my motto. Keep it simple. Don't overthink it, or overcomplicated it. Just learn the essential doctrine and then do it. I don't need to answer every single question, or know every single answer. Just teach the Gospel. It's actually kind of scary how diminished my studies of the Book of Mormon became, but since I've started picking it back up again, things have just gone a lot better regarding missionary work. I've just known what to say. The only downside is that I mightve burnt myself out. I'm exhausted.

Also, I wrestled a bunch of goats for one of our members!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 33: Someone tried to Bash us again

I got a couple of comments from my last email about my hair in the sink. I just want to clarify that while I cut my hair over the sink just ...