Monday, June 10, 2024

Week 20: in the Similitude of the Savior

I'm not really sure what happened this week. Everything is blending together.


Baptism
We did have a baptism this week. The sisters have been teaching this kid, and his mom was baptized in my first week. They asked me to do the baptism, and I did. Sad thing though, the next day, they didn't show up to church, when he was supposed to recieve the Holy Ghost. That was very sad. We're really going to try to get them to church next week. It would be very sad if he just went by with a half-way done baptism.

Roach update
We still have roaches. We have done as much as we have been able to to get rid of them. We bombed the apartment with roach bomb, but it didn't kill any of them. It just lured them all onto the walls and slowed them down, so we vacuumed them all up and left the vacuum thing away from our apartment for a few days. We also had the place sprayed which killed a lot, but they didn't tell us when they were coming, so we didn't have time to empty all the pantry and everything. We've called and they're coming again, but the lady wanted to inspect our apartment to make sure were not slobs, and we had to empty out all of our cupboards. They said they'd charge us 45 bucks for every cupboard and drawer that wasn't empty, and so that's all of our stuff on the table. 

Mutual
One of our friends who we've been teaching is really looking toward being married and starting a family soon. He's wishing he started sooner because he's 31 now. We recently taught him the law of chastity, which was actually a really really cool lesson, and we got him in contact with the Adult Singles Group leader, so that he can get to meet some people his age. He complained a bit how the church doesn't have a dating app, and then we brought up mutual. It isn't church owned, but it's widely used by only church members, and he was pretty happy about that, so we're going to get a photo with him and be on his mutual profile. So if any of y'all happen to be in Abilene Texas area on mutual, you might get to see it. He's a really cool dude, and I like him a lot.

Similitude of the Savior
I was reading in Moses 1 yesterday, and something stuck out to me that I really liked. 

6. And I have a work for thee, Moses, my son; and thou art in the similitude of mine Only Begotten; and mine Only Begotten is and shall be the Savior, for he is full of grace and truth...
13. And it came to pass that Moses looked upon Satan and said: Who are thou? For behold I am a son of God, in the similitude of his Only Begotten: and where is thy glory that I should worship thee?
16. Get thee hence, Satan; decieve me not, for God said unto me: Thou art after the similitude of mine Only Begotten.

The word Similitude was really sticking out to me, and so I'd decided to search up what the exact definition is, and it said "Similarity in appearance or character or nature between persons or things." It just really hit me, because it was a powerful reminder of the Divine Identity each Child of God has. We are all made in the similitude of the Savior. We all, deep down to our core, have the same nature as him. We often forget it because of how often/easily we fall into sin, but all of us are noble and treasured children of God. We all belong with him and all belong back in his presence, because that is who we are before anything else. As we walk the covenant path, we discover more of who we truly are, and who we can become. We all of Godly potential, and it's just nice to be reminded of that. I'd love to hear your thoughts and insights!

- Elder Wride

I feel like I need to explain some of these pictures. The sisters in our District sent that Anime Gif, and they said that it's me. I thought that was pretty funny. 

Abi I'm sorry, but I actually really like the look of this Cowboy hat, so I'm definitely getting one at some point. I'm going country. Country dancing after the mission is going to be hype. If any of yall wanna donate money for the cause of buying a genuine hat and pair of boots for my birthday, I won't complain. Lol, jk, but not really. 

Us cooking steak at a members house, and the picture of our table with all of our food and books and stuff.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 21: Agency

Sorry guys, I don't have a lot to write about this week. I rear ended a car today though. Kind of embarrassing. Dad, correct me if I'...