Monday, September 16, 2024

Week 34: Fear VS Love

 Hahaha sorry this email will be short. I think I want to write about Jesús! He's a friend of ours, and he just accepted the invitation to be Baptized! It's so fun to teach him, every lesson we have with him is so peaceful. It's funny, everytime we pull up, he's just sitting in his hammock outside reading the Book of Mormon. Every lesson we've had has been so amazing. When I taught yhe restoration and recited the first vision was my favorite one. Elder Ellis, an English missionary who doesn't speak a link of spanish remarked how the lesson was so spirit filled, even though he had no idea what we were saying. I don't know if I should be upset or grateful, but he stealthily recorded a majority of the lesson. It was fun to watch (and be reminded how much I need to practice spanish), but the best part was that I was able to point out the spirit to Jesús. I asked him how he felt, to which he said peaceful, and I told him that was the spirit. I'm still not always sure when it's the spirit or not, but really all Good things come from God, and Jesús recognized that it was the spirit.

Anyways, as a district, we've played Gaga Ball the past 2 P-days. I kind of feel bad, but I annihilate in Gaga Ball. They fear me.

Spiritual thought
I've just been thinking about fear and love today. I think the most effective tool the adversary uses to hinder missionary work is fear. There are many people I see in a day that I have a feeling I should go talk to, and it's so easy to decide not to because it'll be awkward, or they look mean, etc. But fear is a tool of the Devil. God's best weapon is love. And perfect love casts out all fear. There are many things we can fear:

1. People
2. Hard questions
3. Work
4. Awkwardness
5. When people hate you
6. You get the idea

There are 3 different loves that I think really overpower any of those fears:

1. Love of the people
2. Love of the Gospel
3. Love of God

If you love the people, regardless of who they are, you will talk to them and be genuine with them. If you love the Gospel, if you see it for what it truly is (which is the most beautiful thing in the universe) you'll naturally want to share it with everyone. And 3rd, which is most important is to love God. If you love God, the other two should take care of themselves, and your love for God will fuel everything you need. It will help you keep going when you'd normally give up. So my invitation to y'all is to let your love for God cast out all the fear you have.

I never know if make much sense in my emails, but those are my thoughts right now. I love you guys!

Pics:
This was for Peter 🦕 
A pretty painting of the SLC temple 
My new favorite ice cream. I got to be careful
Elder Ellis said that I'm Mike Wasowsky in these reel. (I think he's joking)





- Elder Wride

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 35: Please pray for rain

I love driving through rain puddles. They don't really have a drainage system here so they get massive. It's one of my favorite thin...