Monday, September 23, 2024

Week 35: Please pray for rain

I love driving through rain puddles. They don't really have a drainage system here so they get massive. It's one of my favorite things.

So I had a very eye opening experience this week. There are times when I'm motivated, excited, and hard working, but what's annoying is those feelings don't just last on their own. You gotta work to maintain them, and sometimes it's really hard. I had a few days this week where I didn't try my best. And I actually felt a difference in myself. There were still some amazing lessons we had, so I'm grateful God was still willing to use me, even though I wasn't trying as hard as I should have, and have done in the past. But I think something changed for me on Sunday. The thing that I noticed right off the bat was 3 of our friends came to church!! No friends have actually come to church in many, many months here. So we were definitely surprised. Then as the meeting went on, I noticed I felt very empty, and I felt so sorry for our friends. They're genuinely trying to learn who God is, and they deserve a spiritually led missionary. And I'll be so much more spirit led if I'm willing to sacrifice what I want, in order to do my duty. God asks us to give our wills him, which is very hard. He wants us to choose his way over our way. It's funny though, because we're always happier if we're doing it God's way. Visiting with our friends here and them coming to church, just reminded me how I need to step up again. There are people who need me, and there are people that need you. God wants us to do our real best, because that's when he knows he can work with us and change people's lives.

ALSO, VERY IMPORTANT!! We have a friend here who is so genuine and wants to come to church, but he works so much. He only gets days off when it rains, those are the only times we can visit with him, and so he can only make it to church if it rains on sundays. Please pray that it will rain in Dalhart on Sunday so that he can get work off and come to church. His name is Tiaan. Thank you so much!!

- Elder Wride

Pictures 

1. Got a new record on the Rubix cube. I also taught Elder Ellis how to solve one 
2. Ethan's reaction to my most recent post on Facebook hahaha. Sorry if I made y'all uncomfortable

3 & 4. Some fun with Meta. I'm a jedi

5. Meme of the week

6. There's this young couple in our branch who keep asking us to unlock the church, and we've pranked them a few times. She needs to practice piano sometimes for when she plays in church, and we put pop its on the chair, duck taped the piano shut, put sticky notes on the paint keys, and put pop it's on the door to fall on them when they walk in. They got us back by locking the seat belts in our car and hiding the key in the car.... don't worry, we found it fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 35: Please pray for rain

I love driving through rain puddles. They don't really have a drainage system here so they get massive. It's one of my favorite thin...